My youngest is about to turn 16 months old next week and has taken a huge interest in posting things into any bottle, random open slot and wipes box she can get her tiny little hands on lately.
This month’s recycle and create is all about using fabric scraps, so I’ve put one and one together for this classic little posting game.
Fabric Scraps Posting Game
All you need is a wipe box and your scraps. That is it.
My scraps? They are from making this NO Sew Fleece Blanket 😉
As a first time activity I usually show the younger kids how the game might work. So here you would pick up a scrap of fabric show it to your child and watch that they have eyes on the item and then slowly shove it into the wipe box.
Extra points to you if you make cool “posting” sounds like “pop” or ask “where’s it gone!”
My 16 month old has been carrying the wipe box around and posting all sorts of things into it all week!
This activity is great for an older baby or young toddler.
More ideas for using fabric scraps:
- Rainbow Scrap Fabric Wreath by Teach me Mommy
- Pictures from Scrap Fabric by Peakle Pie
- Fabric Fairy House by Nemscok Farms
- Fabric Garland by Playdough & Popsicles
- Pompom Monsters by Words n Needles
- Fairy Wands by Play Learn Everyday
- Scrap Fabric Wreath by The Gingerbread House
- Cloth Pencil Holder by Kidz Activities
- Scrap Fabric Paper Dolls by Mum in the Madhouse
- DIY Recycled Toilet Paper Tube Dolls