Welcome to another week of awesomely themed playful preschool!
Follow the hashtag #playfulpreschool on social media, where we bring you some hands on learning for your preschooler!
This weeks theme is the farm, also be sure to check at the bottom of this post for all the links to more ideas on this theme from my fabulous blogging friends who are also a part of this group!
Our hands on farm play this morning was super simple and as a parent of a preschooler you most likely have a a bunch of plastic animals laying around.
There are two ways to play this game.
Firstly draw a line done the middle of a piece of paper. Write farm and non farm on either side. Have your preschooler sort by classification. Meaning farm animals on one side and things that don’t belong on the farm on the other side!
Another way is to ask your preschooler close their eyes, pick up a plastic animal and you make the sound of that animal and they have to tell you where it belongs. On the farm or else where.
A rather simple activity but full of learning potential! My toddler (2 year old) was also fascinated by this activity and as usual I am sure she is learning right along with us!
Pin this quick idea for later!!
Plan Your Learning Week with Preschool Activities for the Farm Theme
From the #PLAYful Preschool Education Team!
Literacy, Mathematics, Science, Art, Sensory, Songs and MORE!!!!
- Farm Animal Letter Sounds by Mom Inspired Life
- Learning to Write: Labeling the Farm by Growing Book by Book
- Make a Who Am I Farm Animal Book by The Educators’ Spin On It
- Corn Life Cycle & Sequencing Cards for Preschool by The Preschool Toolbox Blog
- While at the Farm: Children’s Farm Song by Capri + 3
- Farm Animal Counting and Sorting Sensory Bin by Life Over C’s
- Farm Themed Count and Add Activity for Preschool by Rainy Day Mum
- Corn Painting – An Art Activity for a Preschool Farm Theme by Fun-A-Day!
- Preschoolers DIY Farm by Tiny Tots Adventure
- Preschool Science: Duck Feather Experiment by Raising Lifelong Learners
- Wash the Farm: Fruits and Vegetable Sensory Play for Preschoolers by The Kennedy Adventures
- Preschool Farm Activities And Sensory Play Ideas For Math, Science, And Literacy by Little Bins for little Hands
We would like to extend an invitation to join us tonight at 9:00 P.M. EST for a live Google Hangout talking about the activities we are doing with our preschoolers for the farm theme. This hangout will be recorded and able to be viewed at a future date.
Follow Nicolette | Powerful Mothering’s board Preschool 3-5 years old on Pinterest.