Welcome to our second week of #simpleplay! This activity is apart of our 20 days of simple play ideas collection, see all 20 here!
This weeks prompts are loose parts, small world, treasure hunt, nature walk and some playdough play.
All these lovely topics ideas are hosted by Nurture Store.
I had to actually ask a friend what was meant by loose parts for today’s prompt and then later discovered Nurture Store even has a printable! So do check out her printable for free play with loose parts to get even further inspiration.
Loose parts from our craft supplies!
On a rather unprepared day I managed to pull a few rouge craft supplies together to make this little loose parts exploration happen.
Loose parts & playdough selection contains
- Craft sticks*
- Pom poms*
- Google Eyes*
- Pipe cleaners*
- Foam letters*
- Color pasta (still from our Kindergarten Book Study)
- Color tooth picks (left over from our spice bottle activity)
- Punched out shapes (left over from our gingerbread men)
- Color Rice
- A generous ball of homemade playdough
- and 3 rather eager for play children!
*These started items were provided to us free by craftprojectideas.com
Let the fun begin!
Here we have my 4 year olds playdough monster.
Mommy played a bit with googly eyes on the butterfly then the kids went a bit sprinkle mad.
My 18 month old LOVES to sprinkle color rice!
Not a bad little creation she had going here.
She even got the eyes on, stuck some pasta on and sprinkled much rice on her’s and both her brothers creations.
All 3 little busy bees.
Other playdough play ideas we have explored:
- Exploring Play Dough with Different Effects
- Dinosaur Weekend with Playdough and More
- Play Dough Equals Occupied
- A Very Hungry Caterpillar Activity: Caterpillar to Butterfly with Play Dough