Last week for Fine Motor Friday I talked about a ton of Ideas for Practicing Cutting Skills (a Fine Motor Must) this week I continue on that thread with this rather simple cutting skills in practice Plastic Bag Flowers.
My kids love things they can play with after their “learning activity lessons”. We do a ton of learning through play with many crafts and activities and lately I have been making many many busy bags as well.
This quick and easy cutting practice activity is just that, quick and easy! Plus you get to recycle!
You will need some colorful plastic bags, pipe cleaners and a scissors. Plus a cutting happy child or three!
This first part I did. Take you shopping bag trim off the handles and the bottom seam. Then roll up and snip into 3 sections.
Next use a pipe cleaner and secure it around the middle of one of the sections like below.
Start snipping the ends until you have tons of tiny “petals”.
Fluff those petals out and you have a flower!!
More awesome fine motor ideas this week!
- Thanksgiving Writing Tray from Still Playing School
- Fine Motor Turkey Craft from House of Burke
- DIY Lego Duplo Puzzle Busy Bag from School Time Snippets
- Boredom Buster – Writing on Windows from P is for Preschooler
- Christmas Fine Motor Sensory Search and Find from Little Bins For Little Hands
- Christmas Activities Using Jingle Bells from Lalymom