This activity is apart of our 20 days of simple play ideas collection, see all 20 here!
Ahh the simplicity of water play.
Today while unpacking the dishwasher my toddler grabbed for the whisk and I though what better why to occupy her while I unpacked the dishes than to give her some water to whisk in.
For this I used one of my rather heavy glass pyrex bowls so that things would not be tipped all over and ruin her fun. Worked like a charm!
To make the play a bit more interesting I added a tiny bit of dish washing liquid to make bubbles. My toddler is only 19 months so is not able to whisk enough to produce bubbles so I did it for her. She got very excited and tried to copy me once she got the whisk back.
There we have it! A rather simple activity to occupy little ones in the kitchen or outside.
Take a look at our ideas to keep toddlers busy in the kitchen you will never guess what I did with the pom poms!
Have a zero to two year old?
You will want to check out this amazing new ebook!
- it’s an amazing resource
- inspiring play ideas, but really practical
- great photos, step-by-step guides, all things you can easily try at home
- 25 ideas for babies and toddlers, and additional links to over 50 more activities
- great range of activities: classics, things with a twist, sensory, focus on play, backed up with lots of learning
- Click here to get your copy.