From about 6 months old you can start encouraging play with your baby. Even though babies are already naturally curious and playful!
There are also many homemade activities you can do with your little one. Take a look at these.
Exploring new craft materials such as pipe cleaners can bring many giggles.
Home made paint is another must to try, it is non toxic so tasting is just fine!
Stack blocks or empty yogurt bottles to create a knock down activity, this never fails for giggles.
My little one loved exploring the toy box at this age too. I love the treasure box idea from The Imagination tree.
Other awesome resources to check out:
- Baby play section from Learn with Play at Home
- The Ultimate List of Baby Play Ideas from Fun at Home with Kids
- 25 Infant Activities from the Stay at Home Mom Survival Guide
Also check out this awesome ebook, packed FULL of ideas.
Take a look at these other playing with baby resources for your baby’s first year.
Ultimate Guide to Baby Activities ~ Lemon Lime Adventures
- 30+ Baby Safe Sensory Play Ideas – B-Inspired Mama
- Textured Sensory Play Mat – It’s a Long Story
- Mirror Play for Babies – Still Playing School
- Fun and Safe Sensory Bins for Babies – The Eyes of a Boy
- Jewelry Sensory Box – Trust Me, I’m a Mom
- Encouraging Sibling Play with One Awesome App – Lalymom
- Baby Play: Newborn Exercise – True Aim Education
- Combining Gross Motor & Art – Bambini Travel
- 20+ Motor Play Ideas for Baby – Pink Oatmeal
- Tummy Time Entertainment – Hand Made Kids Art
- Tummy Time: Why & How? – The Inspired Treehouse
- Baby Play: Rolling a Ball – Wildflower Ramblings
- How to Encourage Baby to Crawl– The Realistic Mama
Busy Boxes & Baskets
- Natural Spring Treasure Basket for Baby – Natural Beach Living
- Montessori-Inspired Mini Discovery Boxes for Babies – Living Montessori Now
- 5 Fun Busy Boxes for Baby – Squiggles & Bubbles
- 14 Treasure Bins for Baby – Wildflower Ramblings
- 5 Ideas for Playing Outdoors with a Baby – Barefeet on the Dashboard
Arts & Crafts for Baby
- 9 Tips for Painting with Infants – The Stay-at-Home-Mom Survival Guide
- Smart Art for Your Burgeoning Mini Monet – Conceiving Piper
My Ebook The Colic Solution by a Mom, for a Mom is 70% off for the duration of this event. Click here to apply the code:ULTIMATEBABY. (that’s only $1!)