Long have I been on the search for a delicious Simple Quiche Recipe.
This particular simple quiche recipe came out very tasty and fluffy. Just the way I like it! The filling contains tomato, onion, feta and avocado. I am now a vegetarian but I am sure adding some chicken will make this recipe just as divine.
I have this wonderful cookbook back in South Africa, with the most yummy and simple quiche recipe but that’s the problem, its in South Africa in a box. My search on the web hasn’t brought up many results that I would try either.
My solution for this, make one from memory! Also as I do not have any already made pastry this recipe contains easy to make simple quiche dough base as an option.
Simple Quiche Recipe
- 2 Cups flour
- ¼ Cup oil
- Pinch of salt
- Herbs of choice (mine has rosemary, thyme, paprika and garlic)
- Water till right consistency
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder if you like a fluffy base
- 6-8 Eggs
- ¾ Cup milk or sour cream
- ½ Cup cheese
- Pinch of salt
- Herbs of choice (I used 1tsp each of rosemary and thyme, as well as a dash of garlic, paprika and basil)
- Choice of filling (avocado, onion, tomato, feta)
- Extra ½ cup cheese
Cooking and Preparing:
- Pre-heat oven to 375F (190C)
- Prepare dough or use a ready made pastry. Using the above recommended dough ingredients add some water until you get a good consistency.
- Spread, roll and press the dough out into a deep pan. Using some kind of lubricant at the bottom is advised. Flour, oil or spray and cook. (As you can see in the pictures I have used waxed paper in mine, this is just because my pan has started peeling and I have yet to buy a new one!)
- Beat the eggs, milk, salt and herbs.
- Add your filling to the egg mixture and pour into dough lined pan.
- Use some garnishes on the top or add some extra cheese.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 45 odd minutes or until browned and a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Serve with rice or salad.
This simple quiche recipe is a keeper! Even my fussy toddlers ate it and went in for seconds!