For our Preschool theme this week I decided to do a bit of color and type sorting with a printable set of fruit and vegetables!
I plan to laminate this collection later this week so we can repeat the activity sometime in the future.
As always with our themes please check the bottom of this post for more awesome ideas from our blog friends.
How to play:
Print out the free Sorting Fruit and Vegetables printable and cut out the images. There are some doubles but that is ok, the more the merrier!
There are 2 levels to this activity. My younger preschooler for instance was able to color sort the fruit and vegetables whereas my older preschooler was more able to sort by type fruit / vegetable. Doing an activity like this with a younger and older preschooler always brings extra learning to both of them!
I hope you have fun with this idea!
MORE Learning Activities with Fruits and Vegetables from the Early Childhood Education Team
- 14 Ways to Build Language Skills While Making a Pot of Soup by Growing Book by Book
- Fruits and Vegetables Beginning Sounds Sort by Learning 2 Walk
- Fruits and Vegetables Beginning Sound Clip Cards by Mom Inspired Life
- Describing Fruits and Vegetables-Learning About Adjectives by Capri + 3
- Potato Printing Tessellation by Rainy Day Mum
- Fruit and Vegetable Hunt Farm Sensory Bin by Life Over C’s
- Writing about Fruits and Vegetables by The Educators’ Spin On It