Cutting skills as part of fine motor skills, are extremely important for young children to develop.
“Learning how to use scissors plays an important role in developing the fine motor skills young children need in order to hold pencils and crayons.” – Vanessa (Pre-K Pages)
There are lots of different ways to practice cutting skills, but making it fun is key. Use a theme and you will instantly have the children’s interest.
Here are the top 10 Christmas themed cutting skills activities:
Draw up Christmas trees and let the kids cut it out to make their own pictures.
A Christmas cutting tray for preschoolers is a good invitation to cut idea and open-ended too!
Kid-made sparkly ornaments are great to make AND it can be used to bring some sparkle to your tree.
Cutting Christmas shapes is fun too. Use it for making personal Christmas cards, clever!
Recycle cards and cut it up like puzzles, great use for old cards and a frugal way to make puzzles.
Practice cutting skills while making kid-made gift tags, perfect for friends or family gifts!
This straw Christmas tree is another fun idea using straws. Or, make a pop-up card that looks like a Christmas tree when opened up, lovely!
Using themed ideas like these are fun and the children don’t even realize they are practicing their cutting skills, win!
More Holiday ideas!
- Top 10 Nutcracker Party Foods from Sugar, Spice & Glitter
- Top 10 Homemade Christmas Cards Kids Can Make from My Joy-Filled Life
- Top 10 Christmas Busy Bag Ideas from School Time Snippets
- Top 10 Christmas Math Activities from Play & Learn Every Day
- Top 10 Kid Made Treats for Christmas from Crafty Mama in ME
- Top 10 Christmas Crafts for Siblings from Crafty Kids at Home
- Top 10 Candy Cane Science Experiments and Activities from Preschool Powol Packets
- 10 Nativity Crafts and Activities for Children from Something 2 Offer