Today’s post is by Emma!
Emma Craig is a SAHM to a 5-year-old girl. Besides blogging at P is for Preschooler, she likes to find fun and simple ideas to keep her daughter playing and learning. And, of course, she loves pool noodles!
Who knew how versatile pool noodles could be? Certainly not me, at least not until I discovered the big wide world of Pinterest!
Here are some of my favorite ideas for using pool noodles, aside from their intended pool purpose. You can make:
- Cute bees from And Next Comes L – and these ones can even “fly!”
- Busy Bag Blocks. Coffee Cups and Crayons cut theirs into different shapes for building.
- But just cutting them into chunky blocks is fun too, as I Can Teach My Child shows
- Stamps. Crafting in the Rain used them on pillow cases to wonderful effect
- Fun-A-Day used them to make lovely artwork, among other things.
- Indoor basketball hoops from Ever Never Again (great for when you’re stuck in the house!)
- Use with toothpicks to make sculptures from Play Based Learning
- This fun outdoor game from Jen’s Brain Things
- Swords from Rubber Boots and Elf Shoes (Also like the rules she gives her kids for the sword play)
- A pom pom shooter (Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails)
- Marble run. We made a basic one and an then an even simpler one, while Mama Papa Bubba made a fun water slide version.
- A backyard obstacle course, including hurdles, from Learn Play Imagine
- Water bin, like this one from Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails.
- Use them as giant beads for stringing, like Money Saving Mom did for a busy bag.
- Or add numbers to them with a marker and make a counting caterpillar like From the Hive.
What do you like to do with pool noodles?