For this weeks fine motor idea we did some bunny printing.
You will need:
- 2 or 3 toilet rolls or cardboard tubes
- Bunny cookie cutter (ours comes out this tub)
- some yarn for whiskers (pipe cleaners or string will work in a pinch)
- some white pom poms
- googly eyes
- white and red paint (if you have pink paint skip the red)
- cardstock in various colors
Mix a bit of red paint into white paint to create the pink if you don’t have pink paint on hand.
These ideas are super simple yet tons of fun!
Take the cookie cutter bunny and dip it into the white paint and print onto color cardstock of your choice. My 5 year old went a bit stamp happy and did the entire page.
Next use the glue to stick a googly eye and a pom pom tail on. Optional whiskers!
This one is a bit more advanced. Use your toilet rolls to stamp a bunny! Bending and squeezing the roll to shape the ears.
My 4 year old is always hands on with his art and so I painted his inner hand and 4 fingers (leaving the thumb clean) then we pressed the print down separating the fingers into 2 to resemble bunny ears. Then smear some pink paint for the inner ears and a quick dot for a nose. Leave to dry then draw on eyes and whiskers.
I love the bright cardstock paper! Prints like this would be a great card cover too!
This one got my 2 year old rather excited! I showed her how fingerprints could turn into a bunny right in front of her eyes!
Love it? Pin it!
Take a look at what my co hosts are up to this week.
Also make sure you get a copy of our book 99 Fine Motor Ideas for ages 1-5!
- Painting Rainbows with Gold Coins from House of Burke
- Velcro and Foam Chain Fine Motor Busy Bag from School Time Snippets
- 2 ABC Shamrock Fine Motor Activities from Stir the Wonder
- 10 Best Fine Motor Building Sets from Little Bins for Little Hands
- Spring Fine Motor Crafts for Preschoolers from Lalymom
Another lovely idea for your toddler: Bunny & Chick treat holders