Counting with Printable Numbers (1-10) has been so much fun this week. We have been very much into busy bags lately, the kids love them and I love that I can just pull one out to occupy them!
Today’s busy bag features counting as the main goal with number recognition (with printable numbers 1-10) as well as word reinforcement. The secondary objective is color matching.
UPDATE: The printables are now available in both Spanish and French alongside the English version!
How to make the counting caterpillar printable numbers 1-10 busy bag
To make this busy bag you will need the following.
- Free printable – now in English, Spanish & French!! (see bottom of page for links)
- Pom poms (I use the tiniest in this bag)
- Busy bag bag (optionally use a ziplock bag)
There are two ways you can print the 1-10 cards. For mine I printed on paper and laminated them (check this laminator, it is always going on sale!) or you could print the cards on card stock if you plan not to laminate them. I also have a nice list of laminating alternatives at the bottom of this collection of free printables.
Once you have printed and laminated your counting caterpillar cards select pom poms for each card in the corresponding colors. Keep these in a special busy bag or ziplock to make sure everything is kept together when not in use.
Once the busy bag is prepared let the kids at it! All my kids LOVE pom poms, so these were first inspected before the cards were even noticed.
The cards were then laid out and the counting and color sorting could begin!
For my 5 year old who is currently learning numbers this is was a great activity for him and for my 2 year old it was a great color sorting and fine motor skill reinforcement.
An up close shot of the actual card. That is one happy caterpillar! 😀
Happy pom pom collector. Of course packing and unpacking the busy bags is another favorite of my kids!
Counting Caterpillars 1-10 in English, Spanish & French
Check out the 11-20 Counting Caterpillars!
Pin this counting caterpillar printable numbers 1-10 busy bag idea for later!
Need some more busy bags?
Check out the other creative preschool busy bags from this talented group of kid bloggers. From left to right:
- LEGO Patterns Busy Box // Mama.Papa.Bubba.
- Printable Animal Puzzles // Itsy Bitsy Fun
- Free Letter Tracing Roads // Playdough to Plato
- 5 Easy Bottle Cap Busy Bags for Tiny Tots // Best Toys for Toddlers
- Brown Bear Lacing Busy Bag // Preschool Inspirations
- DIY Car Track Busy Bag // Adventures of Adam
- Three Pretend Play Busy Bags // Lalymom
- How to Make Busy Bags: Thrift Shop Finds // ALLterNATIVElearning
- Apple Counting Busy Bag // Coffee Cups and Crayons