It is fall and there are some pumpkins lying about! Take advantage of the season and the enthusiasm of the pumpkin rush to let your preschooler get some counting and writing practice in too.
There are 2 ways to play this game.
You will need:
- The printable at the bottom of this post
- pumpkin figures
For younger children who are not yet writing their numbers simply throw the dice and then count the numbers while moving the pumpkin along to get to the centre.
Older children who are starting to write can write the numbers of their dice in the circles.
If they roll a 3 they write the number 1 and 2 and 3, in 3 circles. Roll the dice again then write the next set of numbers 1 and 2 and 3 and 4. Continue until you reach the finish!
Download the printable pumpkin game here
Pin it to save for later.
Need more awesome fine motor ideas?
Take a look at what my fine motor co-hosts have been up to this week!
- Halloween Finger Puppets from P is for Preschooler
- Fine Motor Eyeball Transfer from House of Burke
- Simple Pumpkin Decorating Idea from Little Bins for Little Hands
- Straws Color Sort from Still Playing School
- 10 Fall Themed Fine Motor Busy Bags from Fine Motor Ideas
- Free Halloween Printable – Silly Spiderwebs Writing Activity from Lalymom