February’s sensory dough is anything scented.
I went for the classic cooked playdough with a twist for this one and used coconut oil! The coconut oil adds a divine smell to just about anything.
I give you peaches and cream coconut oil playdough!
Ok, you have a few options here when it comes to the scent of this playdough. 1. Stick with the lovely coconut oil smell. 2. use a drop of two of coconut cream to enhance the smell 3. go the entire THIS IS peaches and cream and add a drop or two of the peaches and cream scent.
This recipe is taste safe. This does NOT mean that the kids are allowed to eat it. Small bits ingested will not harm your child as all these ingredients are found in the kitchen pantry. Please supervise your play.
Peaches & Cream Coconut Oil Playdough Recipe.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- copper gel coloring
The above recipe make one hand full of playdough.
Add your water and coconut oil to a saucepan and heat on medium until the coconut oil has melted. Reduce to low heat, add the salt and cream of tartar. Add food coloring if you are making one color, else add coloring after dough is complete and separated. Add the flour last, mix of low heat until you have formed a playdough. Remove from heat and cool on a breadboard.
For our peaches and cream play we worked on motor skills and rolled a bunch of little balls and played scooping with them in the measuring cups. It would also be fun to use an ice cream scoop and pile them up in an ice cream bowl.
Catch up on all our taste safe sensory doughs!
Take a look at what my co-hosts are up to this month with some other lovely scented doughs!
- Lemon Lime Scented Cloud Dough | Lemon Lime Adventures
- Taste Safe Chocolate Cinnamon Scented Sensory Dough | Bare Feet on the Dashboard
- Red Velvet Chocolate Scented Play Doh and Valentine’s Themed Play | HappyandBlessedHome.com
- Rose Scented Dough | The Life of Jennifer Dawn
- Peaches & Cream Coconut Oil Playdough | Powerful Mothering
- Lemonade Playdough | Preschool Inspirations
- Ice Cream Play Dough Invitation | Study at Home Mama
- Invitation to create Jasmine Tea Playdough | Squiggles and Bubbles
- Music Inspired Vanilla & Chocolate Scented Dough | Witty Hoots
- Green Nature Scented Dough | Peakle Pie
- Edible Scented Salt-Free Rainbow Play Dough | Preschool Powol Packets
- Fruity Scented Dough | In The Playroom
- Citrus Orchard Play Dough with printable | Therapy Fun Zone
- Epsom Salt Rose Dough Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tail
- Green Tea Scented Play Dough Still Playing School
- Grape Kool-Aid Scented Play Dough from Stir the Wonder
- Body Wash Scented Play Dough | Sugar Aunts
- Pink Lemonade Play Dough | The Pleasantest Thing
Need some more inspiration? Check out the 12 months of sensory dough pinterest board! It also has all the ideas from last year in it. A fantastic resourc