The kids love using pattern blocks on their little worksheets and as free play where they create all sorts of things.
Today I was thinking of other ways to use these pattern blocks and since my 3 year old is still mastering the color and shape sorting aspects on learning i thought it would fit well.
You will need:
- some pattern blocks
- matching colors paper, foam sheets or even cups (we have foam sheets)
Layout the foam sheets (or other color matching units) and encourage your child to sort the pattern block. As they dig through the file of pattern blocks other ideas can include counting. Can you find 3 green triangle?
The activity is super simple but as it was something different the kids totally enjoyed it! Although my 6 year old was super fast at it my 3 year old took her time to plot her sorting which is who the activity is aimed at.
I also have some other ideas you can do with your pattern blocks!
- Pattern Block Task Cards Free Printable from Life Over C’s
- Pattern Matching Race from Learning 2 Walk
- Pattern Block Pattern Trains from The Kindergarten Connection
- Reading Games with Pattern Blocks from Books and Giggles
- Tangrams and Visual Perception in Handwriting from Sugar Aunt
- Pattern Block BINGO with Printable Mats from School Time Snippets