Welcome to another fine motor skills Friday!
We are loving the easy and super simple fine motor skills lately and if i can grab simple things from around the house to make these oh so simple fine motor skill activities well, that is even better!
Take a look at this super simple and easy box and pipe cleaner fine motor skill practice activity.
What you will need is a smallish box, we have used our Ubooly box, since Ubooly no longer lives in it.
To make the holes I used a kebab stick, it made beautifully round and even holes. Next cut up 4 pipe cleaners into good sized finger gabble lengths.
Grab an eager toddler or preschooler and let them start popping the small pipe cleaners into the holes. Our pipe cleaners did not go all the way through the hole and fall out the other end, instead they filled the holes allowing my toddler to fill all the holes instead of just concentrating on one.
Oh and just to mention 🙂 Ubooly is awesome!
Once all the holes were filled I showed my toddler the inside of the box, this fascinated her even further as she removed the sticking out pipe cleaners from inside one by one.
I was very surprised my 3 year old was also into this activity, he is usually my messy play / painter and has no patience for these types of activities. He did this one over a few times before moving on to go play outside.
I love that this fine motor idea uses things I already have laying around the house!
Are you looking for some more fabulous fine motor ideas?
Take a look at what my co-hosts have been up too.
- Yarn Wrapped Rainbow from School Time Snippets
- Hammering Water Beads from Lalymom
- Easter Fine Motor Activity with Tongs from Craftulate
- Wind Sock Craft from Stir the Wonder
- Spring Fine Motor Mini Activity Tray from Little Bins for Little Hands
- 20 Ways Siblings Can Help with a New Baby from Still Playing School
- Simple Colour Mixing Fine Motor Activities from Racheous – Lovable Learning
Have a zero to two year old?
You will want to check out this amazing new ebook!
- it’s an amazing resource
- inspiring play ideas, but really practical
- great photos, step-by-step guides, all things you can easily try at home
- 25 ideas for babies and toddlers, and additional links to over 50 more activities
- great range of activities: classics, things with a twist, sensory, focus on play, backed up with lots of learning
- Click here to get your copy.