Most parents are pretty much kitted out by the time baby arrives. They have tons of clothing, blankets and a small mountain of diapers.
But what is it that they are missing? Take a look below at a few things I thought parents of a newborn baby might appreciate.
Also take a look at my co-writers resources at the bottom and remember to enter the giveaway to win one of 8 gift baskets full of fabulous items!
Gift Ideas for Parents of a Newborn Baby
Send flowers and a card. Seriously even if this is her 8th child. With my first we got lots of flowers and beautiful cards, I took pictures of the flowers and kept the cards, because memory books are all about this type of thing right?. For my 2nd child I didn’t receive anything. My 3rd I kind of expected not to get anything since we had moved to another country by then. I repeat: Send flowers and a card. It really cheers one up and makes the day so much more loving. I am also a great fan of a living plant as a gift, preferably that is in flower when given. Long lasting love.
My next suggestion is going to be a personal choice one. BRING CHOCOLATE!!
Moms who have just had a baby have such a range of hormones fluxes in the first week or six. Help her by bringing her a bottle of rescue remedy. Yes, rescue remedy. I took this after all my births to help stabilize my emotional well being. Take a small about when you start feeling overwhelmed. Once I forgot the take it and it wasn’t pretty.
More practical things to gift are home cooked meals, have a chat to the Dad and organize that you bring over something hot to eat and you know what’s just as good? Making sure the freezer is full of homemade freezer meals too! You can also ask where the shopping list is and go do the shopping.
Come visit to just hold the baby to let the mom sleep or just take a bath.
Does she have older kids? Take them to play outside or just keep them occupied so Mom does not have to worry about them.
If you know she is breastfeeding and hasn’t bought this awesome book, BUY IT FOR HER!
You will also want to check out my Colic ebook, I list tons of things related to not just colic but how to wind and settle your newborn. (The Colic Solution by a Mom, for a Mom is 70% off for the duration of this event. Click here to apply the code:ULTIMATEBABY.)
Also a bit of knowledge is needed on this one. You might have to ask the Dad if he had plans already. Bring over a house cleaning person. Dirty dishes and gritty floors need attention.
Last but not least, this really depends on the kind of person the Mom is. Some Moms want to be left alone with their newborns others welcome the company. Use your discrepancy for visiting “hours”.
Take a look at these further resources from the Lovely Ladies who are also taking part in this weeks Ultimate Guide to Baby’s First year.
Ultimate Guide to Taking Care of New Parents ~ Lemon Lime Adventures
Taking Time For Mom
- 5 Things New Parents Really Need ~ BPhotoArt
- Ways to Reset When Suffering From Postpartum Depression ~ Trust Me, I’m a Mom
- Ways to sneak in me-time when you have a new baby ~ Mom Favorites
- Look Better Feel Better ~ Plain Vanilla Mom
- 5 Fast Ways to Refresh as a Mom ~ Peace but Not Quiet
- How to be Supportive When Birth Doesn’t Go as Planned ~ The Realistic Mama
- Getting Through the First Months: 5 Golden Rules for New Parents ~ Let the Journey Begin
- 10 Post Baby Must-Haves That No One Talks About ~ Pink Oatmeal
Gift Ideas For New Parents
- Mother Blessing for Expecting Moms ~ All Done Monkey
- Little Mommy Luxuries – Must Haves for Every New Mom ~ The Eyes of a Boy
- Tips for Newborn clothes ~ La Cité des Vents
- Never Go Wrong With Fantastical Flowers – Conceiving Piper
- How to Plan a Meal Rotation for New Parents ~ Still Playing School
- Hand the Baby Over to Dad: Fun Bonding Activities for Dads and Babies ~ The Jenny Evolution
- What is a Mother’s Helper and What to Look For ~ Lalymom
Frugal Tips for Parents
- 6 Tips for Getting Dinner on the Table After Having a Baby (or babies!) ~ The Stay-at-Home-Mom Survival Guide
- Frugal Living: Our Tip Five Tips for Saving Money with a Baby ~ Bare Feet on the Dashboard
Tips for Parents of Multiples/Preemies
Check out our Pinterest Board for this event! So many ideas.
Follow Dayna :: Lemon Lime Adventures’s board Everything Baby on Pinterest.
a Rafflecopter giveaway