Welcome to another stunning week of playful preschool!
This weeks theme is: EARTH
Be sure to check the bottom of this post for more earth themed learning ideas.
My idea for today was to teach about the layers of the earth. To do this I made a printable with circles and grabbed some felt.
You will need:
- My circles printable if you are like me and really can’t free hand cut large circles. Download here.
- Felt color bits. Red, orange, yellow, brown, blue, green and black for the backing with doubles as space!
- scissors and a childs school glue stick
Cut out your circles. I pinched my paper over to get the perfect inner circle cut.
Use the school glue stick and glue the paper onto the felt. I have found that these glue sticks if lightly applied work great for this kind of thing as it peels right off! Cut to the template. You may need to trim a bit to make them fit.
Assemble your inside earth to make sure it all fits.
Cut the full blue circle for the water / crust. I reused the brown circle as a template.
Then cut out some continent shapes.
And there you have it a lovely activity to explore earth’s inner bits.
Did you know that ice age continental drift has a funny section of the inner cores? If you have that movie stick it on to check it out!
Love it? Pin it!
For more Earth themed activities from the #PlayfulPreschool team click one of the links below:
- Alphabet Activities: Compost Sensory Bin – Growing Book by Book
- Wormery Journaling – Rainy Day Mum
- Earth Sensory Table Small World – Mom Inspired Life
- On Planet Earth There are Five Oceans – Children’s Song – Capri + 3
- Earth Day Preschool Math and Sensory Play – Fun-A-Day!
- No Mess Painting earth in a Bag – Still Playing School
- Building Language Skills for Preschoolers: Earth Theme – Life Over C’s
- Earth: Water Cycle – Tiny Tots Adventures
- Learning about Earth Through Play | Solar System Floor Puzzle – Educators Spin on It
Last weeks theme was: SPACE – My Space Book