My son has been happily counting to 20 lately and simply loves the challenge of a new game so I made him this simple addition dice game last last.
Very easy to use and great practice for adding numbers up.
To play you will need:
There are 3 ways to play this game depending on the skill / advancement of the child.
1. Using 1 dice roll to fill the boxes as pictured. In the first box fill in the dots that appear on the dice and in the 2nd write the number for those dots. Repeat in the 3rd and 4th boxes. Add those 2 numbers up by either counting all your dots or the numbers.
2. Roll 2 dice! Use one set for the first 2 boxes and the other to fill in the 3rd and 4th boxes. Add like in play idea 1.
3. Roll a dice for each box (leaving out the dots) bringing up the numbers to be added past the single digit range.
More games and activities to use with DICE!
- Rainbow Bear Dice Game for Preschoolers from Life Over C’s
- Place Value Game with Dice from Still Playing School
- Rainforest Dice Long and Short Vowel Reading Game from Learning 2 Walk
- Preschool Rainbow Grid Game from Preschool Powol Packets
- Monster Math: A Dice Simple Math Activity from Play Dough & Popsicles
- Fun Shapes Dice Game for Kids from School Time Snippets
- Writing Game Using Dice from Teach me Mommy
- 10-Sided Dice Multiplication Game from Line upon Line Learning
- Alphabet Dice Letter Formation Activity from Sugar Aunts
- Venn Diagram Dice Probability STEM Activity from Schooling a Monkey
- Block Stacking Dice Game from Kidz Activities
- DIY Dice from Sugar Spice & Glitter