There is very much a building and an imaginative theme to these 10 awesome toys for preschoolers! These are suitable for ages 3 to 5. Although they might continue to play with these after that age too!
10 Awesome Toys for Preschoolers
A lot of these toys are prefect for the preschool school or homeschool area. Most are great to use with multiple kids.
- These tactile, colorful tiles are sized just right and easy to use, whether creating designs on a flat surface or building in 3-D
- Can be used for guided activities or hours of open-ended fun and exploration.
- Develops patterning, shape recognition, building and motor skills.
- They will work well alone or together with the standard solid colored pieces to make windows, skylights, etc.
- Appropriate Toys for Preschoolers
With an average 5 star review by over 536 customers on Amazon you can’t go wrong with this one! Take a look.
Customers said: The perfect toy! – The Best Toy We’ve Ever Owned!
- Provides many opportunities for young children to experiment with simple mechanics and science
- Bright colors and easy-to-assemble pieces encourage children to create moving masterpieces
- There are so many ways to build, children discover something new every time they play!
- There are many different ways to arrange the bases; rows, pyramids, zigzags and more!
- Includes pillars, connectors and cranks – Allows kids to explore the fascinating action that can be created with gears!
Averaging between 4 and 5 stars on Amazon with 169 reviews. Take a look here.
A customer said: I have to admit it — this toy makes me want to shout “Wow! Neat! Awesome!” And if I were younger, I would definitely add “Cool!” I mean, this toy has everything. Oh, and my son loves it, too!
- Hours and hours of fun
- Great for building up fine motor skills
- Great toys for preschoolers
Build a fort, rocket, boat, tower, tunnel or bridge! Design your own scientific model, or create a unique contraption. The straws fit snuggly on the connectors, but are flexible so you can build arches and tubes. For sure a great toy for preschoolers!
Averaging between 4 and 5 stars on Amazon with a 64 reviews. Take a look here.
Customer said: Good toy for building creativity and developing fine motor skills
- Includes 10 colorful pattern boards
- Patterns and blocks are stored in a wooden case
- Great to teach shapes
Averaging between 4 and 5 stars on Amazon with a 254 reviews. Take a look here.
Customer said: I got this for my preschool son. It is a great learning tool to review shapes, colors, fine motor skills, etc.
- Educational and Fun
- Perfect addition to any home
- Learn and Inspire
My kids love these and all 3 will play at once. Playing with these on a metal sheet is even better for building. All around great toys for preschoolers as well as toddlers!
Magneatos provides children with the foundation for beginning design principles, such as structure, pattern, sequencing and imaginative interpretation of familiar objects. Sized perfectly for little hands, the jumbo magnetic pieces help develop motor skills, build problem solving techniques, and stimulate imagination.
Averaging 4 stars on Amazon with a 55 reviews. Take a look here.
A customer said: We got this for my son’s 4th birthday, and he can’t get enough. He loves to build towers, and all sorts of stuff.
- Colored wood blocks
- Stack them, count them, knock them down
You really can not go wrong with blocks. So many imaginative things to build and do with them!
Melissa & Doug supply the blocks, your child supplies the imagination and inspiration.
Averaging between 4 and 5 stars on Amazon with a 395 reviews. Take a look here.
A customer said: My 3 year old loves these blocks. The colors are very bright and the blocks themselves are very good quality.
- Teaches early number skills and attributes by providing visual cues that support student success
- Top crust becomes a bowl to conveniently hold counters
- Includes 60 counters (7 fruits in 5 different colors), durable plastic pie, removable divider, 3 double-sided sorting cards, 2 jumbo tweezers and activity guide
- excellent toys for preschoolers with added learning
Averaging 5 stars on Amazon with a 165 reviews. Take a look here.
A customer said: Fun+Educational= Happy mom & happy kid
- Sturdy cardboard
- Contains 40 pieces
- Endless building combinations
A staple item in many preschools, this set can spark endless imaginative play as children build large, life-size structures. Kids will find plenty of ways to construct forts, bridges, walls, chairs, and more with the easy to assemble pieces.
Three different size blocks offer a strong building foundation as well as a starting point for kids to conceptualize math (one large red block is the same size as two medium blue blocks or four small yellow blocks, adding blocks, counting blocks, etc.). The blocks also help develop large motor skills and teamwork making it an excellent toy for preschoolers.
Averaging between 4 and 5 stars on Amazon with a 323 reviews. Take a look here.
A customer said: Kids loved them!
- These colorful lacing set offers a delightful variety of shapes, colors and patterns
- Helps promote hand/eye coordination, fine motor, cognitive and visual perception skills
- Set comes in a sturdy wooden case and contains five jumbo, double-sided lacing panels, plus five color-coordinated laces
- Basic skills are fun to develop when using our colorful lacing activities
- Exceptional quality and value
Averaging 4 stars on Amazon with a 93 reviews. Take a look here.
A customer said: My granddaughter plays with this everyday during quiet time and just loves it. Made sturdy and the lacing cords are holding up well. She tugs hard! Great busy work toy!
- Four compartments in this sturdy wooden box store four different 12-piece puzzles
- Vehicle-themed puzzles depict a race car, train, fire truck and school bus
- Backs of pieces are shape-coded for easy sorting
- Great for home, school or travel
You really can not go wrong with puzzles!
Averaging 5 stars on Amazon with a 179 reviews. Take a look here.
A customer said: Great–fun educational toy!
I hope you enjoyed this quick list of toys for preschoolers and that you found something new. I also wrote a lovely list for wooden learning toys for under 3 year olds and have various other lists for puzzles, building toys and books!
I would love to hear what your favorite toys for preschoolers are.