I love wooden toys especially for this early age group of toys for 2 year olds. The wooden toys are so much more durable than the plastic ones and I can tell you this from experience as they have been through the “grinder” with my 3 rather rough toy users!
Today I would like to share with you a list the best wooden toys for 2 year olds and I hope that it helps you in picking out something wonderful and lasting for your toddler.
Best Wooden Toys for 2 Year Olds
1. Noah’s Ark Shape Sorter is fun and features vivid colors. Kids learn about the story of Noah’s Ark early in life with this wooden toy.
2. The classic Pounding Bench is great for motor development and learning colors.
3. My 2 year old loves her Beginner Pattern Blocks!
4. Wooden Puzzles are another great addition to wooden toys for your 2 year old. Start out with this simple yet alluring Farm Wooden Chunky Puzzle.
5. A little more advanced wooden toy is this Early Learning String A Farm, my 2 year old loves the challenge this one brings.
6. Things with wheels are also a great idea in toys for 2 year olds. Stacking the cars in this Wooden Car Carrier provides much playtime fun. Your little one not so much into cars? Try this Stacking Train instead!
7. This Shape Sorting Clock is a great one to have and grow with! Right now we are using it as a shape and numbers learning, but with my older kids I have started to introduce the concept of time with this same toy. Great long term investment.
8. The Build a Caterpillar Educational Set Wooden Toy has got to be our favorite sorter! A bit of a challenge at first to get all those body parts on, but great practice!
10. A great addition to your play dough is this Shape, Model and Mold set. The textures the stamping blocks make are a favorite of my 2 year old.
11. Pull along toys such as this Pull-Along Snail make for much giggle as your 2 year old walks around with a little follower. 😉
12. Don’t forget the music! Drums are most popular.
13. I am not so sure how I feel about these Nuts and Bolts, my daughter at age 2 isn’t really unscrewing things but I recall my son at age 2 just wanted to unscrew everything he could get his hands on. This might be a great alternative to satisfy that need.
14. My 2 year old is currently loving the magnetic train sets and will spend much time with her brother playing. On our christmas list this year for them is this Deluxe Wooden Railway Set. I also spent a little time drooling over this Waterfall Mountain Train Set and Table, if only we had the space!
15. Last but not least I thought I would mention this 1-2-3 Grow With Me Wooden Walker/Ride-on Toy/Trolley we had something rather similar in the form of a walker but it would have be great if it converted like this one! Talk about useful!