Don’t you just love simple fine motor skills? Well, this one took a whole 5 minutes to make. That included waiting for the glue gun to heat up!
It is as simple as sticking (hot glue in my case) some googly eyes on a wipe bin with a pom pom for a nose and pipe cleaners for eye brows.
The hole for the wipes makes a nice mouth!
Next round up some things to feed this very hungry monster. I found some large threading buttons, pom poms as well as bottle caps.
This one took no explaining. My 4 year old dived right in there telling his toddler sister about the hungry monster and it was eating.
Monster fed, the 4 year old moved off and my 19 month old had the tray to herself. I had to empty the wipe box first for her to re-feed.
True to her little self, the pom poms landed up in the bottle lids and guess what, those fitted on top of the buttons. It kind of looks like some gourmet snack!
This little fine motor activity is really easy to just pack up and put away as well. Just close the monster and pack up the contents inside the bin and it is ready for the next adventure.
Take a look at what our friends are up to this week for fine motor skills friday!
Visit my co-hosts:
- Magic Leprechaun Spray Fine Motor Play from Little Bins for Little Hands
- Pipe Cleaner Rainbow from Still Playing School
- Using A Knife from P is for Preschooler
- Excavating Playdough Dinosaur Eggs from School Time Snippets
- Personalized Hot Air Balloon Contact Paper Craft from House of Burke
- St. Patrick’s Day Counting Game from Lalymom
Have a zero to two year old?
You will want to check out this amazing new ebook!
- it’s an amazing resource
- inspiring play ideas, but really practical
- great photos, step-by-step guides, all things you can easily try at home
- 25 ideas for babies and toddlers, and additional links to over 50 more activities
- great range of activities: classics, things with a twist, sensory, focus on play, backed up with lots of learning
- Click here to get your copy.