Now here is a dessert of note, our Raw No Bake Chocolate Oat Balls will definitely tingle those taste buds!
Last month I posted a bunch of raw food recipes, but whats a meal without dessert, right? So feast your eyes on this! These have been a great hit at any dinner we have ever been to. I almost always bring these with as a host gift.
No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Balls Recipe
- 1 cup sifted or finely ground Organic oats (A), unsifted leaves bigger flakes of oats over, perfect if you want a bit of crispiness.
- 2-3 tbsp Raw cacao/carob powder (made to taste, lighter or darker) (A) I’ve used 3 tbsp of Raw Cacao, I like my chocolate strong! Word of caution if it is your first time eating “raw” chocolate you will want the lower amount, its very potent!
- 3 tbsp Raw butter/ coconut oil (B) I’ve used coconut oil in this batch, but coconut oil based ones have to be kept in the fridge if you want them to keep their shape!
- 2-3 tbsp Honey (made to taste, depending on desired sweetness) (B) Once again I’ve used a generous 3 tbsp of honey, I like it really sweet!! Remember: No honey for the kids under 1 year of age. 😉
- Your coconut flakes and cocoa powder to roll in.
- add ingredients (A) and mix till a good blend
- melt ingredients (B) in a warm bowl placed into another bowl filled with hot water.
- pour the oat / choc powder in the bowl with the molten butter and honey mixture, mix thoroughly.
- with a teaspoon, place the chocolate paste in a silicone ice cube holder, compacting and flattening it
- roll into balls once the mixture has cooled down enough to handle with your hands. Roll little balls in the coconut or cocoa powder.
- keeps longer in the deep freeze, but I like it in the fridge, its not going to be around long enough to have to be in the deep freeze!!
Its good to taste your honey before hand, I’ve had a batch of honey that didn’t taste nice, like i like it, and it ruined my whole batch of chocolate.
Of course you don’t have to make them into balls either. My 3 year old was very pleased at having them cut into various shapes with the cookie cutter!