Looking for some ideas for your summer or just for the lovely warm weather you are currently having? I have you covered! Take a look below at 27 ways to play and learn with frozen and ice items in your home with your toddler or preschooler.
At the end of this lovely collection you will find 2 things. MORE awesome ideas for your toddler and preschooler PLUS a giveaway for THREE $500 cash prizes. That is 3x the chance to win!
Do stay a while and look a round.
- Make some gorgeous summer ice jewelry!
- Add ice to your plastic pool and watch the younger kids try to catch them while gleefully giggling.
- Make cute sail boats and sail into summer.
- Freeze a few various size ice blocks and then use them as ice bricks! Genius.
- Make Ice play soup, then scoop, pour and serve!
- Trains Ice Play around the outside area is great fun!
- Salt and Ice Activity with melting frozen hands, wouldn’t the kids be surprised to find these!
- Erupting Ice Chalk is also one on my list!
Sensory & Skills development:
- Use ice and common kitchen utensils to encourage fine motor skills with ice play.
- Sensory Play with a Frozen Excavation of edible ingredients. My child would have to share these with me!
- Create an Ice Age Bin for Captivating Activity for Preschoolers. I just love this concept for a warm and sunny day!
- Create an Ice play castle! I love the shiny things in and on the ice so much.
- Use one bag of ice for these 7 simple sensory ice play ideas.
- Make Ice cups and use them with water beads to create a fine motor activity.
- Paint with some insects in the form of an ice block!
- Ice Cricket (Hockey) Art is a great way to explore ice blocks and paint at the same time! I also love the idea of using the frozen paint to actually paint a canvas!
- Use a slide with frozen paints for a new kind of painting adventure.
- ICE sculptures with salt and liquid water colors is a classic art and fun activity everyone has to try at least once!
- Use specialty molds to create an ice train set for driving and painting!
- Explore a Mondrian Ice Sensory Bin.
- Did you know you can make Ice Chalk?
- Now here is something completely different! Check out this glowing ice painting.
- Try some Ice sculpture art!
- Experiment with Salt, Freezing Temperature and Cool Science Magic by studying the freezing temperature of water and how salt affects it.
- Create Icy Fizzing Letters and learn!
- Experiment with color mixing and see happens if you add one color of ice to another color of water?
- Everyone just has to try these Ice Volcanoes at least once with the kids. I know mine will just LOVE them.
Tons more ICE PLAY ideas!
Win one of three $500 cash prizes directly in your paypal account! This giveaway is open internationally. You must be 18+ years old to enter. Void where prohibited. No purchase necessary. Winners will be notified via email and have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen. Please see detailed terms and conditions below the giveaway for more info.
a Rafflecopter giveaway