My name is Becca and I share my family life, frugal living tips, and travel adventures over at Bare Feet on the Dashboard. Thanks so much to Nicolette for having me over to guest post. I love all things Christmas and can’t wait to get in to the holiday spirit with my whole family.
Today I’m’ sharing ten fabulous yet easy DIY Christmas ornaments and decorations you can make with your children. These are not mom-does-it-for-them ideas, but activities kids can really do with you as their guide.
Crafting is great for fine motor skill practice as well as creating sweet mementos and memories.
1) Turn Your Child’s Art in to a Simple Holiday Garland from Bare Feet on the Dashboard – We took our our kids’ finger paintings and helped them make a festive garland to hang on the tree or around the house.
2) Easy Christmas Ornaments Made with Pipe Cleaners and Beads from Powerful Mothering – These are simple and make for great fine motor skill practice and look super cute hanging on the tree.
3) Simple Christmas Ornaments Made from Poms Poms and Popsicle Sticks from Coffee with Us – I love how much room for creativity this project allows. Every child’s creation will be unique.
4) Time Capsule Christmas Ornaments from Bare Feet on the Dashboard are really fun to make with kids and will provide sweet reminders of their childhood favorites for years to come.
5) DIY Glitter Ornaments from Glued to My Crafts – This one looks a little messy but fun. Glitter and I have a complicated relationship.
6) Glitter Monogram Ornament from Mama Papa Bubba – More glitter, but perfect for kids learning their names and the alphabet. If the thought of combining preschoolers with glitter gives you a headache, check out this tip for making glittery projects less messy.
7) Fun, Fill and Shake Ornaments from Craftulate keep the glitter and paint contained but give more fine motor practice and look really fun.
8) Gingerbread Man, Tree, and Star Printable Ornaments to Decorate from Powerful Mothering – These are great for a quick, printable craft and could be a great activity for a play date.
9) Yarn Wrapped Christmas Tree Ornament from Fantastic Fun and Learning are definitely on our to-make list this year.
10) Snowman Stuffed Ornaments from NateandRachael.com are so cute and easy to make.