Christmas time is coming soon! I have my 5 year old oogling the shop decorations already asking WHERE is our tree. We usually put it up the first week of December which to his delight is like next week!
While getting into the festive season I love to do a bunch of Christmas crafts and activities with the kids, below is just 20 of the ideas that have caught my attention and are on our to do list!
20 Easy Christmas Craft Ideas for Kids
1. Cute Craft stick Decorations – The santa one is so getting made. Love the little beard.
2. Cupcake Liner Christmas Tree Ornaments – I love this one for all the folding practice and we get a pretty tree when we are done!
3. Easy Peasy Woolly Wreath Tree Ornaments – Simply gorgeous and think of all those fine motor skills getting used to make this.
4. Feather & Pipe Cleaner Angels – We made these last year, but our tree needs MORE!
5. Easy Tin Foil Christmas Decorations – Now these are awesomely creative. My kids are going to have a blast making them.
6. DIY Pipe Cleaner Trees Christmas Craft – We have made a few pipe cleaner trees in our play but never Christmas themed ones.
7. Salt dough candle holders – Although originally made for another holiday I really want to make some this year with a Christmas theme.
8. Paper Christmas tree – because sticking stuff is awesome.. AND I think I have some washi tape that I (erm.. Kids) am dying to use.
9. Gingerbread Man button counting busy bag – BUTTONS! LOVE.
10. Homemade gift wrap made with Christmas scented paint – A bit of artsy crafts! I’ll take cinnamon please.
11. Stained Glass Nativity Craft – I LOVE this one! I will have to do the cutting because it is a bit advanced for my little one. I know just the window for this!
12. Easy Bubble Wrap Kid-Made Christmas Ornament – I think I have most of this stuff laying around!
13. Pom-Pom Toothpick Tree – This one is so up my 2 and half year olds activity list.
14. DIY Cardboard Toy Gingerbread House – We have never made one! This seems like the safer place to start when with the edible one. hehe
15. Lacy punched salt dough ornaments – Making salt dough ornaments is always a must, I just love the look of these.
16. Button Snowman Ornament – More buttons! LOVE (see a trend here?)
17. Twinkly Light Caves – Technically not a craft, but what kid is going to resist this! I wonder if I can find a box big enough so I can lay in it too!
18. Pipe Cleaner Garlands – Simple and it looks pretty! We are doing a bunch of different colors this year for the windows too.
19. Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids: Craft Stick Stars – Once again I think we will extend these from the tree to the windows!
20. Personalized Star Ornament for Kids – Love, love, love these. So much so we will make more this year and see if we can make the faces funnier.