For the month of January and to start the new year off with a blast we took part in nurture stores challenge to be simple in our play. Armed with 20 days of prompts for play here is what we got up to!
20 Simple Play Ideas
1. water play – Play with Water and a Whisk
2. ice play – Trains Ice Play
3. paint – Water Painting & Exploring texture brushes
4. build a den – Lets build a DEN!
5. glue – Glue practice
6. loose parts – Loose Parts & Playdough
7. small worlds – Popsicle Stick Fencing for Small World Play
8. treasure hunt – Name Treasure Hunt
9. nature walk – What to look for on a Nature Walk
10. play dough – Expand Playdough play with other Toys
11. baking – Baking and Kids helping in the Kitchen
12. puppets – Tickle Sock Puppet
13. story books – Story Books in Simple Play
14. role play and dressing up – Salt Dough Tea Set
15. sensory tubs – Play with Dyed Color Rice in a Sensory Tub
16. big roll of paper – Cardboard Roll Stamping on a Big Roll of Paper
17. cardboard box – Cardboard Box Tunnel
18. chalk – Play with Chalk
19. blocks – Simple Play with Blocks
20. junk models – Airplane Junk Model
Loved these? Do check out and follow our blog board on pinterest!
Have a zero to two year old?
You will want to check out this amazing new ebook!
- it’s an amazing resource
- inspiring play ideas, but really practical
- great photos, step-by-step guides, all things you can easily try at home
- 25 ideas for babies and toddlers, and additional links to over 50 more activities
- great range of activities: classics, things with a twist, sensory, focus on play, backed up with lots of learning
- Click here to get your copy.