Wooohooo! It is time for another awesome fine motor friday idea!
This week we have been playing with a bunny theme and made some bunny finger puppets.
To make this cute bunny finger puppet you will need:
- Color masking tape or thicker washi tape will work too! This is the one in the image but they have an entire line of decorative tapes.
- Yarn for the whiskers
- Scissors (we love these for the kids)
- Pen / Sharpie
Fold your tape over so it sticks to itself, this will give you the area for ears. Make this to whichever size you desire. Cut! Bunnies have long ears. 😉
Leave a larger section for sticking the whiskers on and space for the finger.
Once the kids have added the whiskers draw a little face on their finger and stick the bunny to the top of the finger as displayed below.
There you have it! A rather quick fine motor activity and some fun bunny puppets!
I must say I had a very hard time getting some pictures to show this little guy in action. The kids were gleefully wiggling fingers at me and each other. Not even a “show Mommy your craft” worked for a still picture. 🙂
IT’S A HIT!
Love it? Pin it!!
More fine motor ideas for your coming week from my co authors.
Be sure to check our book 99 fine motor ideas for ages 1-5!
- Fine Motor Food Preparation Skills from Craftulate
- Pre-Writing and Painting with Carrots from House of Burke
- Homemade Table Hockey Game from Little Bins for Little Hands
- Easter Egg Smash from Stir the Wonder
- Princess Easter Egg Cups from Lalymom
- Tissue Paper Easter Egg Craft from School Time Snippets
Last weeks FINE MOTOR IDEA: Bunny Printing