There is nothing better to a choco-holic than more chocolate, and this Chocolate pudding cake hits the spot!
Ok, I admit it, I’m the for-said choco-holic. There is just something about this chocolate pudding cake that just does it for me. It is smooth and just the right amount of gooey with the sauce, It kinda melts in ones mouth. I even replace the milk with cream and that’s makes it even more rich and DIVINE! It is my top “go to” out of all my easy dessert recipes.
How do I make this?! I hear you ask. After you are done drooling at the picture, the recipe is just below!
Easy Dessert Recipes – Chocolate Pudding Cake with Sauce Recipe.
- 1 Cup Flour
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 3 Tablespoon Cocoa
- 2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Milk (or 1/2 Cup Cream + 1/4 Cup Water)
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa
- 1 3/4 Cups Boiling Water
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix the ingredients for the cake together and evenly spread at the bottom of a baking pan (9 in square) or Pyrex bowl.
- Combine the brown sugar and cocoa for the sauce, sprinkle over the spread out cake batter.
- Slowly pour the hot water over the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Eat as is or serve with cream or ice cream!
- Makes 4 generous helpings or 6 that was very nice helpings.
Yip, that’s all it is! There are no eggs in here either, since I am always out of them! My 3 year old is a big fan of this chocolate pudding cake and will often come along and stick his finger into the sauce and happily lick it. I am however on the quest to find something similar for my 4 year old, who is a type 1 diabetic and gluten intolerant. So far I have the gluten free bread and crackers down for him.